The SJF Cleantech Mentorship Program- Northern Mid-Atlantic and NYC Metro provides a unique opportunity for cleantech entrepreneurs to accelerate the growth of their private companies by engaging with experienced entrepreneurial and industry leaders.
- Initial Assessment: The program will begin with an initial assessment of the entrepreneur's business model by SJF staff. The entrepreneur and SJF staff will jointly identify business development priorities and goals for the course of the mentorship program.
- Mentor Engagement: Selected entrepreneurs will be matched with a mentor who is either a seasoned manager, an expert in the relevant industry, or an experienced practitioner in the business issues that are most important to the entrepreneurs. Entrepreneurs will meet with their mentors monthly by phone or in person for at least an hour, preferably in person.
- Online Cleantech Community: Entrepreneurs will have access to a national network of mentors, peer cleantech entrepreneurs and SJF Ventures and SJF Institute staff. The online portal will provide a platform for interactive discussions and information sharing and will allow entrepreneurs located in geographically disperse areas to engage with additional support beyond local resources.
- Entrepreneur Roundtable Sessions: SJF will conduct quarterly "Entrepreneur Roundtable" sessions at NYC ACRE, open to all NYC ACRE tenant companies as well as current and prior SJF Cleantech Mentorship Fellows. There will be two Mentors and/or industry experts at each session who will guide a two hour discussion with the participating entrepreneurs about issues they are facing in growing their companies.
- Additional support and networking: Opportunities include pro bono mini corporate and/or IP legal audit for each company, complimentary passes to attend CleanLinks business networking events, additional introductions to SJF's network of investors, business service professionals, and companies.
Early stage cleantech entrepreneurs that are committed to accelerating their private company's growth and are able and willing to attend program events in New York City. Applications will be evaluated on the viability and potential of the business model, market size and need for the product or service, experience of the entrepreneur/management team, and the ability of the entrepreneur to benefit from the program.
- Schedule: Selected entrepreneurs will be notified when application is accepted into the program. When selected for the program, participation will continue one year from the date of acceptance.
- Registration Fee: Selected entrepreneurs will be required to pay a $500 fee to participate.
- Openings: Ten entrepreneurs will be selected to participate.
- Application: The SJF Cleantech Mentorship Program Northern Mid-Atlantic and NYC Metro is open to all cleantech entrepreneurs with private companies located in the geographic region highlighted in green below. Applicants will be accepted on a rolling basis.
Email mentorship [at] sjfinstitute [dot] org with any questions.